Sunday, March 11, 2012

Learning How to Animate with 'Pencil' Programme

Today I learned how to use the tools on the nifty animation programme called Pencil to create a simple animation of a ball bouncing. It was really easy to use compared to I Can Animate and I think children will find it simple to use to animate concepts.


I made two versions and was much more satisfied with the second version I have uploaded as:
  • the bouncing effect was smoother as I used more frames
  • I slowed the time down to 7 frames per second
  • the ball was a consistent round size and I only had to make the flattened ball at the ground level to emphasise the bounce
A very enjoyable task indeed. I plan to get the techsperts in to help my students develop an animation of their family's migration to NZ.




No comments: